A well-maintained commercial roof is vital in protecting your property from weather damage. Maintaining your roof also ensures that your roofing warranty remains valid, giving you peace of mind throughout the years.
The upkeep of your commercial roof requires a solid maintenance plan, which typically involves regular inspections and prompt roof repair whenever a problem is identified. In this post, Gresham Roofing and Construction discusses some essential considerations when developing a commercial roof maintenance plan.
Find a Reliable Contractor
First, you need to find a trustworthy and qualified roof maintenance contractor. Here are some of the factors you should take into account when hiring a professional:
- Communication – Choose a contractor that communicates openly and frequently. They should provide you with detailed documentation about the state of your roof after every inspection and should be happy to address all your questions and concerns.
- Reputation – Ensure that you’re working with a trusted company. Your best bet is to choose a local company with a track record of success in the community. If the contractor who handled your roof replacement offers roof maintenance services as well, you might want to consider them.
- Services – Check the services they offer, and make sure they are qualified to perform the tasks you need done. They should have plenty of experience working on the specific type of roof you have.
- Warranty Adherence – Your contractor should have a good understanding of the terms and conditions of your roofing warranty.
Components of a Commercial Roof Maintenance Plan
In drafting a commercial roof maintenance plan, make sure that you cover the following elements:
- Inspections – Inspections should be done regularly so that you are always up to date about your roof’s condition. These are best done before and after winter.
- Maintenance – This generally includes cleaning out drains and gutters, keeping the roof surface clear of debris and trimming nearby trees.
- Repairs – Repairs are often done to prevent more severe damage to the roofing system. This could involve repairing the insulation or fixing any defects on the field membrane.
- Budget – Set aside money for annual repairs, inspections and maintenance. This way, you won’t be caught off-guard by unexpected roof damage.
Gresham Roofing and Construction is a local company specializing in residential and commercial roofing systems. We provide emergency roof service, along with regular roof repair and maintenance services. Call us at (503) 492-7663 or fill out our contact form to request a free quote.